Other Emergency Accommodation

Some housing charities provide emergency accommodation for homeless people. These are called hostels or night shelters and are usually shared and for a short stay. However, many hostels have a long waiting list or have specific eligibility criteria, for example they might only be for a particular age group.

You can ask your local authority housing department or Citizens Advice for a list of hostels or specialist homelessness services in your area. You can search on these websites: Shelter or Homeless UK

Back to Social Housing