Formally the Countries in Crisis Scholarship.
- These scholarships are to aid students in financial hardship due to the fact that they are domiciled in a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster etc.
- The scholarship is available for students on full time Master’s programmes (not MBA) based at the University of Bradford. Students must be self funded.
- You no longer need to have secured an offer to study at Bradford before you apply for this scholarship. However you must already have completed your undergraduate degree and know your results to be able to apply.
- Please apply for the scholarship before applying for a place on a course if you will be reliant upon the scholarship to cover your fees and living expenses.
Minimum entry requirements
However, you still must meet the minimum entry requirements (both academic and English Language) to be considered.
- The web application form will be available here on this website from 20 April 2015.
- The closing date for applications: 15 May 2015.
- The form will be removed after this date and late applications will not be considered.
Who can apply?
- Students from the following list of countries are invited to apply for these scholarships. However in extreme circumstances applications from students from other countries will be considered by the panel.
- Students from Pakistan will be considered under the Bestway Foundation Scholarship Scheme.
- To be considered for a place on our Master’s courses you will need to have achieved (or be about to achieve) the minimum level of degree qualification specified for your country (below).
- You will also need to meet our English Language requirements.
List of countries
How much could I get?
Full tuition fees and accommodation in The Green will be covered plus £3,500 per annum living costs to be paid in three instalments – October, January and April. Each scholarship is worth approximately £20,000.
There will be five Bestway Foundation Scholarships for students from Pakistan, there will be a further two scholarships available for students from the other countries listed above.
How do I apply?
Complete the web form below. If you have already received an offer to study with us please make sure you include your University of Bradford number on the form below.
Tips for a successful application from the scholarship panel
- You must explain how the situation in your country has affected you personally. Don’t just describe the situation in your country.
- Please write as full and detailed a statement as possible. Remember that the Scholarship panel will only have your form to by which to judge your application so try to put as much relevant information in there as possible. We may request evidence from you at a later date if your application is short listed.
- Don’t focus on your academic qualifications unless it is relevant to your application.
Please complete the form below. You must send all the required evidence – incomplete forms will not be considered.
The closing date is the 15 May at 23:59GMT
What happens next?
The Scholarship panel will consider your application in June.
If you are successful you will be asked to submit an application to the university and provide proof of your qualifications and level of English Language, plus an academic reference. You will then need to secure a Visa to study here at Bradford. We will be able to guide you through this process.
Please note – only successful students will be notified of the outcome. If you have not heard from us by 30 June then your application has not been successful.
What else do I need to know?
Successful students must agree to be featured on the scholarships section of the University website and be included in other promotional materials such as the prospectus.
For further information or any queries you can:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01274 236637
The news source from here